No guts, no glory?
Hey, I never said it would be easy, but it was sure a lot of fun!
Finally got The Shed up on Plot 1! 🙂
I had to pick a day where the wind was low and of course it’s always nice to work outside under warm sunny Blue skies.
Today was pretty much ideal, so after a few false starts, I eventually manhandled the shed onto the base and the JCB drill made short work of putting the Back, Front, Sides and Roof on.
The most problematic part of the build was oddly enough putting the rubber roof cover on and the trim to secure it into place. Getting the rubber material onto a wooden roof suuuuuuuuucked, but I managed it eventually.
Hanging the door took a bit of work, but a piece of wood or Two underneath it got it situated just right for the JCB drill to do it’s thing and “job is a good one!” Door in place and lockable.
I finished for the day knowing the job was not perfect, some of the cosmetic trim pieces did not get put on as I just wanted to get the Shed built, mainly because it was so difficult getting the rubber cover in place perfectly but also because I wasn’t that fussed about it being showroom quality. Lastly I was getting hungry by this point and if I didn’t eat soon I was going to fall over, it was a late night working till 5 am on the website and I was woken up at 10 am by a potential client opportunity.
Next thing will be to get my hands on some guttering and perhaps a couple of Water Butts, so I can collect rainwater from the roof, which would be very handy and eco friendly.
I’m very happy the Shed is built at long last. It has been annoying me it wasn’t up, I left Plot 1 feeling very accomplished and proud of myself for getting it done and done alone.